CaixaBank Research Department
OPENINGS FOR ECONOMISTS AND DATA SCIENTISTS WITH AN INTEREST IN APPLIED MACROECONOMICS
The Research Department of CaixaBank, the leading retail bank in Spain, analyzes topics of interest in the areas of macroeconomics, microeconomics and financial markets. Our work, based on an applied approach, rigor and a solid analytical foundation, is aimed at an internal audience (top management) and an external audience (investors, clients and professional economists).
We will be considering applications in our Macroeconomics unit which, broadly, focuses on:
- Global macroeconomic developments (the economist may be assigned to the teams that cover emerging and advanced economies or the one focusing on Spain).
- Prepare and present reports and papers on these topics.
- Develop quantitative models for analysis and forecasting using both, standard macro data, and internal data of the bank (which requires the application of big data techniques).
- Education: Economist with strong analytical background or Data Scientist, with a PhD from a top university.
- Experience: Previous experience in similar posts will be valued.
- Languages: Spanish and English required.
- Versatility: Global perspective.
- Initiative and anticipation in identifying relevant topics.
- Ability to synthesize complex problems.
- Oral and written communication skills.
Applicants should e-mail their CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
To learn more about us, check www.caixabankresearch.com